OCA – Greater Los Angeles (OCA-GLA) is seeking high school and college student leaders to volunteer to mobilize their peers to register and educate voters for 2017. The Civic Engagement Fellow will work closely with OCA-GLA Civic Engagement Field Specialist and OCA-GLA Executive Director to assist with organizing voter registration drives on campus and outside of campus, develop an outreach plan to educate/register voters, encourage people to fill out an issue survey.
- Participate in Organizing 101, Story of Self, History of Voting Rights, and How to Conduct Voter Registration training.
- Conduct at least 4 voter registration drives (2 in campus, 2 outside campus)
- Mobilize peers to volunteer on voter engagement/voter registration efforts.
- Stipend amount based on voter registration outcomes.
|Voters Registered||Stipend Amount|
|110 and up||$500|
● Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate projects with maturity, initiative and timeliness
The fellowship program is now open for application.
• Please apply by sending a statement of why civic participation is important to you and application to Jennifer Chau, Executive Director at Jennifer.email@example.com
• Email Subject Line should read, “Applying for Civic Engagement Fellowship Program”