MOE Application_17 MOE flyer_17
- A3PCONAbout A3PCON
- WorkWhat We Do
- Blog PostsNews & Events
- MEMBERSHIPMembership Area
- RESOURCESCommunity Resources
- ContactStay In Touch
!! Facebook event is for INFORMATION ONLY. You must visit the Chinese Historical Society of Southern California's website to get more info and RSVP - CHSSC website: http://chssc.org/Events/Pilgrimage.aspx !!
Questions? Ask on wall below or email Jack Shu-
Main Program begins on Fri, July 28th @ 11am and ends on Sun, July 30th in the afternoon.
OPTIONAL backpacking trip to Sing Peak (named after Ty Sing, who you'll learn about) is Mon, July 31st - Wed, Aug 2nd. YOU MUST CONTACT JACK SHU if you would like to join the backpacking trip. Stipulations for backpacking:
- Must have done at least one overnight backpacking trips in the last five years (no first time backpackers).
- Need to be able to handle some “rock scrambling” (off trail, using hands).
- Can handle elevation up to 11K elevation, camping at 8K.
- Carry backpack and deal with being in wilderness for 3 days and 2 nights (no restrooms, cell phone service, internet or fast food)
- Physically able to hike at high elevation for 7 miles in and the one day climb with a day pack.
Info from website:
5th Annual Pilgrimage to Yosemite National Park
July 27 - August 2, 2017
The National Park Service celebrated its 100th Birthday last year. In its next 100 years, how will the Park Service interpret and educate visitors about the contributions of Chinese in building many of the roads and railways through the Sierra Nevada range, working at historic lodges and in the lumber industry, and contributing to the early history of our National Parks?
For the fifth year, the Chinese Historical Society of Southern California in collaboration with the National Park Service is helping to sponsor an annual pilgrimage to historically significant sites in Yosemite National Park. All Chinese Historical organizations are welcome as well as any individual to participate in this event.
For a trip itinerary and addtional information, please click the link below ot download the flyer: http://chssc.org/Events/Images/2017_Sing_Pilgrimage_Flyer.pdf ... See MoreSee Less
3 days ago ·
2 weeks ago ·