Department: Energy and Environmental Services
Reports To: Reports and Documentation Supervisor
Work Location: PACE Headquarter and Field Sites
Employment Status: Non- Exempt
- PROGRAM SUMMARY:
PACE Energy and Environmental Services provides Home Energy Assistance, Weatherization and other services to low-income residents of the greater Los Angeles area. These programs provide utility bill assistance and install measures to help improve the energy efficiency, safety and comfort of eligible homes or apartment renters. The new employee will be hired under a contract between PACE and the State of California Department of Community Services and Development (CSD) to implement programs of Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Low-Income Weatherization Program (LIWP) and Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The Weatherization Program Specialist will work closely with the Reports& Documentation Supervisor to perform the following duties:
- Accurately input dwelling information such as client demographics, assessment data, material installations, feasible/non feasible measures, appliance repairs/replacements measures,and crew labor hours to an in-house database program (ServTraq) to generate monthly reports.
- Verify, check, and reconcile submitted intake reports,daily work activity reports, eligibility requirements, assessment/inspection field reports, work orders, heater type (exterior/interior), dwelling type, weatherization status, status of old heater (operational/non-operational), CAS tester, weatherization started/completed date, measures that were installed, contractors’ invoices, permits/inspections, lead safe documentation, justification/s, job sheet detail reports, and all other field reports for accuracy and completeness and to resolve any discrepancies.
- Manage and organize crew’s daily activity reports to ensure all labor hours, are accurately reported and allocated correctly to the appropriate contract.
- Work on cloud based storages (Google Drive/Dropbox) spreadsheets for data entry of all sub-contracted services.
- For appliance repairs/replacements: Compare installation/s versus Work Order/s, verify interior or exterior furnaces, furnace’s capacity, and justification/s from sub-contractors for appliance services and verify against staff assessment.Process/reconcile subcontractors’ invoices for correct charges toward the services rendered: rebuilt/repair/new heater installation and the total amount of units serviced. Contact and notify subcontractor of any discrepancies.
- Reconcile city permits for heating/cooling/window replacements, obtain city permits from subcontractor or online.Submit subcontractor invoices to program accountant for timely payments.
- Insulation work: Compare installation/s with Work Order/s issued; verify invoice/s with staff assessment for square footage insulated and R-values for accuracy.
- Allocate correctly under either weatherization orECIP services and verify if all work meets the timelines required by the contracts.
- Preparemonthly inventory usage reports by contracts and submit these to supervisor in a timely manner for review and consolidation into monthly reports.
- Generate monthly reports by contracts with in-house system (ServTraq) and print them. Review and verify reports for accuracy, then submit reports to Reports and Documentation Supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
III. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
- AA degree, BA desirable;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in data entryand/or formal office work that require processing, evaluation/review and generation/preparation of reports;
- Excellent database management skills a must, with experience in data and materials usage reconciliation and analysis;
- Advanced knowledge of regular computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Access;
- Knowledge of or background in Accounting principles and methodologies with a provenability to apply these in the review, analysis, reconciliation and preparation of program reports;
- Experience with Access database programs such as Serv-Traq a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of office systems and procedures and capability to utilize these in organizing work, prioritizing tasks and producing expected output/reports;
- Well-organized, results-oriented and quick to learn after careful instructions;
- Capable of handling multiple projects/tasks and executing/providing required output/reports in a timely manner;
- Fluent in oral and written communication, ability to speak a second language like Chinese, Korean, Armenian, Russian, a plus;
- Capacity to handle huge workload in a fast-paced office environment and produce needed results;
- Effective team member, but capable of taking a lead role, if needed;
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move at least 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass employment background verification.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination that includes drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation and adequate automobile insurance coverage for the duration of employment with PACE.
- COMPENSATION: Depending on qualifications and experience, plus generous fringe benefits
VII. APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Applicants must complete a PACE application form. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application materials. Interested individuals may obtain an application form from the Human Resources Department, Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment, 1055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1475, LA, CA 90017. Tel: (213) 989-3223 ● Fax: (213) 353-1227.
Apply Online: http://pacela.org/
VIII. APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Until position is filled.
PACE is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides employment, small business assistance, and education, housing and other community services in the Los Angeles City and County areas. PACE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. PACE does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.