Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Summary of Position
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must enjoy working with a non-profit organization that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community orientated. This individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. Must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Acts as the “gate keeper”, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and schedule.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board Member, Donors, Foundation Staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge of smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organization impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting social media posts, presentations, personal correspondence, and other tasks.
- Perform related and other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer / client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Degree with significant writing skills preferred. Advanced work experience with writing skills, in lieu of education, acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience in internal / external communications, community relations, and fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms
- Maintains a valid California Driver’s License and vehicle insurance.
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven environment
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of CAST
CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical, life, disability, sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b) plan. Opportunity to work with a team of committed individuals and make an impact in your community.
Applications for this position should be emailed to email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and professional references. Due to the high volume of resumes received only qualified candidates will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.