|Title||Emergency Response Staff Attorney|
|Employer||Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking|
Summary of Position
The Emergency Response Attorney (ERA) will be responsible for responding to urgent calls from law enforcement, agencies, and survivors themselves for legal assistance and advice. The ER Staff Attorney will also provide ongoing comprehensive legal services to survivors of human trafficking including assisting clients seek immigration, criminal and civil relief, with an emphasis on criminal victim-witnesses advocacy and United States citizen survivors. This is a full- time, exempt position.
· Active membership in the California State Bar required
· At least 1 year experience in the practice of law, preferably with a focus in years criminal law and procedure.
· Commitment to serving the needs of trafficked persons, migrants, youth and low wage workers
· Prior experience working cooperatively with law enforcement.
· Ability to develop cooperative relationships with other legal service providers in areas relevant to trafficked persons (includes family, employment and criminal law)
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with trafficked persons, legal organizations, community based organizations, volunteer lawyers, and government agencies
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical, life, sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b) plan.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, law school transcript and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of resumes received only qualified candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
CAST is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
- A3PCONAbout A3PCON
- WorkWhat We Do
- Blog PostsNews & Events
- MEMBERSHIPMembership Area
- RESOURCESCommunity Resources
- ContactStay In Touch