|Title||Citizenship Coordinator – O.C. Immigration and Citizenship Unit|
|Employer||Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles|
For original post, please click here
Position Summary: The Citizenship Coordinator is a full-time position working in the Advancing Justice – OC office under the supervision of the Orange County Supervising Attorney. The Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and execution of naturalization workshops and will assist the OC Immigration & Citizenship Unit with administrative and logistical tasks. Workshop planning includes volunteer and pro bono attorney recruitment, outreach and education to the community and logistical planning. The Coordinator will also provide application support at naturalization clinics and administrative support in the areas of: data entry, client intake and document preparation. The Coordinator will also support the OC & Immigration Team in furthering local naturalization initiatives. This may include developing partnership with community-based organizations, government entities and other non-traditional partners.
● Workshop coordination includes but is not limited to:
● Volunteer management
● Provide naturalization application assistance to lawful permanent residents under the supervision of a DOJ-accredited staff or attorney within the LA-based Citizenship Project and/or the OC Immigration & Citizenship Unit
● Provide application support during naturalization workshop, clinics, and individual appointments
● Provide any additional administrative or logistical support as directed
● Bachelor Degree (relevant degree a plus);
● Experience assisting immigrant, limited English speaking and/or low-income clients;
● Experience or familiarity with AANHPI and/or Orange County community;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Must be self-directed, organized, comfortable working independently and have the ability to initiate and coordinate projects in a timely manner;
● Bilingual fluency in Asian language required (Vietnamese language highly preferred);
● Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; and
● Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to an automobile or alternative transportation.
Compensation: $20.00-$22.00 per hour plus possible bilingual supplement, if applicable. Full-time position, hours may vary. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, plus retirement plan contribution.
Application Process: Please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to; Human Resources – Orange County Citizenship Coordinator Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles 1145 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90017, firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. Advancing Justice – LA only accepts resumes as PDF or Microsoft Word files with no macros enabled.
- A3PCONAbout A3PCON
- WorkWhat We Do
- Blog PostsNews & Events
- MEMBERSHIPMembership Area
- RESOURCESCommunity Resources
- ContactStay In Touch