For original post, click here
The Case Manager, under the supervision of the GRYD Coordinator conduct outreach and a referral network for project services; plan, develop, and implement diversion activities; provide treatment, behavior modification, and client advocacy services to participants including rap groups, individual counseling, family counseling, and probation hearings for project participants; provide support services and charts for project participants.
Role: Non-exempt employee
Salary: commensurate upon experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CONDUCT OUTREACH, ADVOCACY AND A REFERRAL NETWORK FOR PROJECT SERVICES (10%):
- Contact service providers and school personnel in contracted areas and provide information regarding project services.
- Provide referrals for youth and families to services not encompassed within project.
- Communicate with sensitivity to clients from diverse language and cultural backgrounds.
- Evaluate calls and walk-in’s from potential clients and determine appropriateness for GRYD.
- Prepare all documentation on compliance with Federal, State, City and Agency guidelines.
- Conduct all screening, intake, contract management and contract eligibility forms for prospective project participants.
- Create treatment plans/”contracts” for program participants.
- Provide support and advocacy services for program participants including the attending of probation hearings, school meetings, court and DCFS.
- Conduct other administrative duties as assigned.
- PLAN, DEVELOP, AND IMPLEMENT DIVERSION ACTIVITIES (50%):
- Plan and provide field trips, social and recreational activities, and educational outings for program participants.
- Provide participants with mini-bike safety, maintenance and riding skills.
- Develop and maintain strategies for client referrals.
- Plan community functions i.e. health fairs, forums etc.
- Provide transportation on as needed basis to and from events and meetings for program participants.
- Facilitate small and large group sessions.
- Create, develop and implement group curriculum to address the emerging needs.
- Implement treatment plan, individual, group and family counseling sessions to monitor and advise on treatment plans and contracts.
- CASE MANAGEMENT (30%):
- Maintain participant files documenting activities, contract management and other contract mandated documents.
- Coordinate support services.
- Attend unit meetings, clinical supervision and other meetings as assigned.
- Maintain a program and event budget.
- Provide diagnostic assessment and treatment plan.
- Manage 20-25 client caseload, maintain case files and records.
- Qualifications — REQUIRED
- Four years education or Bachelors degree in related field or CAS certified with 2 years clinical experience.
- Permanent resident or U.S. citizen; proof of work eligibility upon hiring.
- Valid Class B Driver’s license, Calif. Minimum Automobile Insurance, and an appropriate motor vehicle.
- At least three years of recovery or a drug free lifestyle as of the date of the application.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer operations.
- Complete a physical examination and TB test within one (1) week of date of hire.
- Pass a criminal background check to work with children and adolescents.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- a) First Aid and CPR certification from a recognized agency.