: May 5, 2017, 7:46:49 AM – Ongoing
Energy for What’s Ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Responsible for developing, executing, and managing a forward-looking, integrated, communications strategy to positively impact reputation and awareness of our Public Safety and Cybersecurity messages and activities.
- Create and disseminate content and campaigns via various platforms, channels and events to improve public perception of the company’s safety and security efforts based on an editorial calendar, issues and opportunities.
- Oversee outreach, communications and media pitching strategy to educate stakeholders on electrical safety. Coordinate resources, including external vendors to execute on tactics designed to reach to reach at-risk workers, first responders and customers. Draft message platforms and remarks for public speaking opportunities.
- Support and identify synergies with the internal safety communications plan, playing a role in signature events and key programs.
- Also responsible for Cybersecurity communications, including strategic plan, message and collateral development for both internal and external audiences, and providing the Cybersecurity team with effective communications consultation and guidance.
- Maintain effective working relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including participation in public safety and Cybersecurity committees and working teams…
- Assess opportunities for metrics and measuring of progress and success in overall performance. Monitor plan against these performance indicators and make mid-course corrections as needed. Ensure campaigns and planned communications are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide media and employee communications response during emergency/crisis situations. Serve as spokesperson for after hour media on call duty.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field.
- Five years of experience in communications within a corporate and/or agency environment.
- Five years of experience in communications planning and program execution.
- Five years of experience in story-telling and content creation across multiple platforms and channels.
- Strong project management skills; be detailed oriented and well organized.
- Media Relations skills and spokesperson capabilities.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Relationship management and consultative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence and collaboration.
- Experience in the utility and/or other regulated industry or with first responders or similar agencies.
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications.
- Experience in Safety related communications and campaign management
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
Energy for What’s Ahead
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY).