Coro’s mission is to strengthen the democratic process by preparing individuals for effective and ethical civic leadership. Coro prepares diverse groups of individuals to deal creatively and effectively with the challenges of democratic governance, enabling them to make responsible decisions in the face of change and ambiguity. Found in every sector and in all professions Coro alumni create, govern and guide with extraordinary skill, vision and excellence. Please visit www.corola.org for more information about our organization.
We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to work 8-12 hours/week.
Key duties include:
- Prepare and disburse payments to vendors.
- Deposit, record and file checks received.
- Pay monthly credit card and insurance balances.
- Submit check requests and track invoicing for all payments due.
- Manage staff reimbursement requests- manage filing of receipts, tracking of transaction type, and check request.
- Monitor and record online donations and income on a weekly basis.
- Create invoices, manage correspondence, and track all outstanding balances.
- Record all transactions involving disbursements and/or accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist accountant in reconciling and auditing accounting data in preparation of monthly financial statements including: credit card transactions, bank reconciliation, insurance payments, online income, staff reimbursements, etc.
- Properly code charges for posting cost.
- Interpret contracts provisions in order to identify allowable/non-allowable expenditures.
- Check and review audited vouchers to ensure accuracy and conformance to established accounting procedures.
- Serve as a receptionist.
- Assist staff in administrative tasks.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Provide tax forms and reporting documents to donors.
- Complete renewal forms for all insurance and employee benefit programs at Fiscal Year- End.
- Update and streamline operations as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of modern accounting theory, principles and practices; knowledge of accounting terminology; knowledge of financial record keeping and reporting and budget preparation.
- Ability to analyze financial transactions and make original or adjusting entries; ability to read and comprehend financial transactions; ability to trace transactions through financial records.
- Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with administration, staff, consultants, regulators and funders in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, with the ability to work in a highly demanding environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Google Drive.
- Strong Excel Skills with a commitment and capacity to learn Salesforce.
- Must be able to type 40+ WPM.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 2+ years assisting a professional in a similar role preferred
- Experience with operating a data management platform preferred
- Experience with non-profits a plus.
Coro Southern California provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to social and economic background, political affiliation or belief, race, color, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, current and/or former service member status, sexual orientation, health status, age, physical characteristics or marital status, and promotes the full implementation of this policy through a positive, continuing program of outreach. Coro Southern California actively encourages applications by all interested people who meet the above requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Applegate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED