Saturday May 14. Break Free from Fossil Fuels
California is taking part in a global wave of resistance to keep fossil fuels in the ground and accelerate the transition to 100% renewable energy. Californians from across the state will convene in Downtown LA, home to the nation’s largest urban oil field in the country.
More Info: LA.breakfree2016.org
Join the Asian American and Pacific Islander contingent
11 am – A3PCON EJC Pre-Assembly Meeting
905 E. 8th St. (enter from Gladys St.), Los Angeles.
Meet and greet APIs promoting Environmental and Social Justice in the LA area.
Lunch will be served.
RSVP Jackson@a3pcon.org – 213-239-0300
1 pm – Rally and March at Los Angeles City Hall
200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles
Upcoming EJ Committee activities
Saturday June 18, 11am-1pm – Long Beach/South Bay (East Yard Communities foe Environmental Justice)
New member orientation
Program: EJ perspectives on November ballot initiatives (2016 Transportation Sales Tax)
Friday, July 15, 10am-12pm – Los Angeles
Environmental Justice Committee
To promote an engaged and empowered Asian Pacific Islander community that advocates for a healthy, equitable and sustainable earth for all.
- To engage in activities that will encourage and empower API community members to become strong advocates of environmental health, safety, equality and preservation.
- To continue to raise awareness about environmental inequity and its negative impact to API and low-income communities and offer solutions to mitigate and/or end its negative impact to to the environment and the health and safety of the community members.
- To continue to advocate feasible and earth-friendly solutions to mitigate and/or eliminate existing harmful conditions, particularly those in API and low-income neighborhoods.
- To develop the capacity and capability of API community members to become leaders in the advancement of environmental justice issues, policies and solutions.
- To develop strong alliances with other community-based organizations that will provide a united and cohesive position in support of environmental health, safety and
Need more information?
Dean Toji, chair – Dean.Toji@csulb.edu
Jan Victor Andasan, co-chair – email@example.com
Celia Andrade, co-chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Masaoka, A3PCON Policy Director – email@example.com