Length of Commitment:
16-20 hours per week with additional hours required around the event date
(Internship begins around November, finishes near the end of July)
$1,000 paid at the completion of the internship
This PAID internship position provides hands-on experience working in special events and coordination for an Asian American non-profit organization. This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop skills in non-profit fundraising, which is highly sought after in the industry.
Oversee Silent Auction for fundraising event, including donor research, solicitation, tracking, creation of auction displays, bid sheets, auction catalog, etc.
Assist with the following:
- Event design and production
- Track attendees and process payments
- Program development
- Coordination the day of the fundraising event
- Follow-up after the event
- Event website and online marketing and processes
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or active enrollment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong interest in the fundraising arena
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail is a must
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet research
- Functional knowledge in creating websites and graphic programs a plus
- Minimum of 18 years of age, successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US
Must be fluent in English and have excellent writing skills. Ability to read, speak and write in Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean a plus but not necessary.
To apply, please email COVER LETTER, RESUME, and THREE REFERENCES to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header “SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN.” Submissions without all three components will not be reviewed.